Although the pandemic has resulted in most of us staying home and working remotely, commercial vehicle drivers have for the most part kept up their busy schedules. They are making sure that our supermarkets are stocked, fuel is transported to our petrol stations, and our industrial sites have everything they need.
Without commercial vehicle drivers our economy would grind to a halt so what are the best ways to ensure we look after them?
- Many road accidents are caused by driver fatigue, ensure that drivers are well-rested.
- Drivers should take frequent breaks on long journeys so that they remain alert.
- Fleet operators must limit the number of hours worked in a week to prevent drivers from burnout.
- A healthy diet is important for a driver’s fitness, it affects physical and mental agility.
- Schedule regular wellness checks for drivers including eye tests and high blood pressure examinations.
- To monitor driver behaviour and help avoid the effects of driver fatigue, you can make use of our telematics technology.
Avis Fleet solutions are a comprehensive offering that enhance every aspect of fleet management and reduce risk. We have solutions that help customers with everything from vehicle acquisition to maintenance, Telematics and making provisions for accidents.
Find out more about our Commercial Vehicles solution.