Beware of fake news during the Coronavirus pandemic and ensure that you only check official sources for the latest information.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has a page for Covid-19 with information about the virus, news and guidelines on how to protect yourself. Here are their recommendations:
- Wash your hands frequently using soap or an alcohol-based sanitiser.
- Maintain social distancing of one metre between yourself and others.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth because your hands can transfer the virus.
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough/sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue to protect those around you.
- Seek medical help early if you show symptoms. These include fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by healthcare providers and authorities.
Resources on the WHO Covid-19 webpage
As well as tips for staying safe during the epidemic, the WHO web page also has a wealth of other useful information. The page is regularly updated with relevant news stories, details on how to deal with stress related to the crisis and also has a section on myth-busters and advice on healthy parenting.
Follow us for more tips.